TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

No picture on screen anymore. Not at this time it only

Customer Question
No picture on screen...

No picture on screen anymore

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Not at this time it only flashes at the bottom (white light flashes)..nothing appears on the screenb

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No actually its been awhile since i have used it since the picture stopped showing. i am just getting around to looking at it further now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The model is lc-70le732u

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- How many times the light blinks slow then fast, pauses for 3 seconds and repeat the same blink pattern?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it blinks 2x then 5x

OK, any troubleshooting steps or board replacement is done to the TV so far?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have only research possible issues i have not open up the tv back yet
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no replacements done on tv

OK, 2x and 5x error code indicates Panel 12V failure that means 12V supply from power board is missing OR the t-con board of the TV isn't working anymore and causing this error code.

It needs to verify 12V on t-con board with a multimeter while power On the TV, if volts are available even for a second then replace the t-con board with exactly the same/ identical one to resolve the problem.

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there a part number for th tcon board or price you can tell me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
lc-70le732u this is the model of the Sharp tv
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where on the tv is the t-con board if i wanted to open it up and find the correct one

T-con board would be located under metal shield on the bottom center of the rear of the screen.

I hope this info will help

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can i send you a picture?

Sure, click add-file link located nearby where you type the reply to attach the picture file here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i think that is the part that is bad/broken

No, that flat cable damage could cause lines or half screen picture etc

Please check 12V on PL connector of t-con board to determine if it is power supply board or t-con board failure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do not have a tester (power test er)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how else can i check the 12V on PL connector of the tcon board/
??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
once i take off the cover, i do not have power to the tv, the connection is broken unless i put the cover back on

I'm afraid, only multimeter/ voltmeter is the tool to check volts

Please make sure the power cord is plugged securely and tight so TV can get power from power outlet

Yes, that is PL connector to check 12V

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if i see power to the PL connector but the problem is still there what should i assume or do next?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i dont see anything burned out or abnormal on the tcom board

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i understand that requirement, if power is seen on12V then replace the t-con, however if no power is seen on 12V then what do i for that condition?

Then replace the power supply board to move on

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what about that burned out flat cable. should i try and replace that too?

Yes, please replace that ribbon cable as well

By the way, that falt cable burn is very uncommon and never seen it before

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician