TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a LG 55UH8500-UH Ultra 4K 3D TV. My Remote got broke…

Customer Question
I have a LG...

I have a LG 55UH8500-UH Ultra 4K 3D TV. My Remote got broke in half and I sent it to DirecTV, who I have warrenty coverage for all my DirecTV support components, including this TV, and when I got the replacement back it will not sync with the TV. I've tried (3) different times to have them fix the problem, to no avail! Can I order a replacement TV Remote that will sync with my TV? It does not use a dangle plug. Thanks! Levi

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your 55UH8500?

Only on the bottom! (4) small buttons in a diamond pattern surrounding a center button.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Volume up/down, I can change channels if I'm using an antenna! I can't switch to the HDMI1 or HDMI2 plugs, hense I can't use the DirecTV Box.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, The Remote Control is a Magic Remote el: AN-MR600.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Yes you can get a replacement remote on EBay.