TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony KDL-40W4000 TV turns on, takes a good 20 seconds to…

Customer Question
Hi there. my Sony...

Hi there. my Sony KDL-40W4000 TV turns on, takes a good 20 seconds to turn on the backlight, then waits with nothing on the screen. Eventually, it will make a very short static-like sound for the speakers then click off. It will performs this in a loop indefinitely. Only green light on front; no red or red flashes.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your KDL-40W4000?

No, I have unplugged everything except power. I've also left it unplugged for over 60 seconds to power reset as per Sony's site

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, nothing. It just happened one day. We left if powered off at the wall and it was fine the next day. Now it won't power on at all

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It did blink the red LED 8 times on one occasion but it hasn't happened again

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

It really does sound like back-light trouble with this set and that would be no surprise as Sony sets of this era suffered a lot with back-light trouble the thing is its NOT an option even if the back-lights were available to replace those in this set, I really am sorry, any potential repair money would best be put towards a new set.

If you have anything to add please let me know.

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony