TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The cable box is working, but the TV screen remains

Customer Question
The cable box is...

The cable box is working, but the TV screen remains completely white. We spoke with our cable company and they think it is a TV problem.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The TV is a VIZIO, the model #is E320 - AO, and I think it is at least 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I'm not sure what you are asking me.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

The TV was working all day, but the problem began later in the afternoon. We had a similar problem with it many months ago where NO SIGNAL appeared on the screen, but the cable Company walked me thru a procedure and the TV worked well again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, but thank you for your help!!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The screen remaining "WHITE" is not the same as a No Signal message, and this generally points to a fault in the set (the power board or LCD controller being the most common). That said, please grab the original Vizio remote and let me know if you can get MENU to display.

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

Louie, Technician