TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our samsung 6300 series TV keeps on rolling. We unplug it to…

Customer Question
Our samsung 6300 series...

Our samsung 6300 series TV keeps on rolling. We unplug it to start it up again sometimes it works and eventually it will go through HDMI decoder off and no picture we do voice every few seconds when it starts to roll.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 6300?

Checking

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No red yellow or white cables plugged into the tv

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- Please elaborate - TV keeps on rolling - with bit more details

Series 6 6300 Samsung 2013
Yamaha indicates PCM then it rolls to HDMI and rolls to Decoder off.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV, Yamaha receiver and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

This has been happening for months we disconnect the power cord and sometimes it works for awhile but after a period of time it goes back to the roll.

OK, have you tried to connect decoder directly into HDMI input of the TV as a test, this will bypass the Yamaha receiver to see if the problem still occurs?

OK, that means it is TV internal problem and the mainboard of the TV is failing and needs to be replaced to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician