TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I connect my apple tv to my Samsung type un446EH6000.

Customer Question
Thank you, ***** *****...

Thank you, ***** ***** I connect my apple tv to my Samsung type un446EH6000. Comcasr connected cable via AV. No other alternative appears from the source button. Thank you regards Tomas

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple Tv box. Dont know operating system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just had it connected and it doesnt work. Imused to have it where with the source button I would access HDM1 and I would connect with my apple tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 6 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV question. Yes the Apple TV has to be plugged in with a HDMI cable. You can certainly try to plug the Apple TV into the other HDMI inputs. But if none of them work, we will have to find out if the Apple TV, HDMI cable or TV is defective.
Are you able to plug in your Comcast box or another source such as DVD into one of the HDMI inputs to see if the TV inputs work ? Another step is also to perform a Factory reset on the TV. Here is a link how to do the reset with different Samsung TV production date. Your date is on the back sticker.
http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1039433
If this reset does not help, try the following. Turn the TV off. Then press on your remote the following button in that order relatively quick : press Mute 1 2 3 Power button. The TV should turn on with the Factory service mode screen. After that press the OK button, you should see on the top left side Factory reset. Then press the OK button again. The TV should turn off. If not press the OK button again. If the TV shuts down, the Reset is complete. Turn on the TV and go through the initial setup again and check the HDMI inputs again. Let me know how it worked out. Thanks
I'm sorry revised reset sequence. It is Mute 1 8 2 Power.