TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Panasonic TV that I rarely use and now I try to…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic TV that I rarely use and now I try to turn it on and I just get a flashing red power light And none of the buttons are working menu or anything

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

Tv-p50s30

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

May 2011

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

120 V 50/60 Hz 339

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just did it a Couple of hours ago

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- I need to know how many times the red light blinks before pausing and starting over...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
7
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can’t afford another $26
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok are you still here

Yes, I'm here and working on it

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay

7X blink error code indicates sustain board failure and sometimes power supply board also found defective due to short in sustain board. Mostly it is SC Board failure, sometimes SU or SD board go out adjacent to SC board located on left side of rear of the screen

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what does that mean

Please click the following link to view SC, SU, SD and Power board images and part number info if you have a plan to do it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic/tc-p50s30

TV will take apart and need to use a multimeter to troubleshoot the problem to determine what circuit board is bad to get it replaced in the TV to fix the problem. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much did it just tells me to tell me my TV is broke
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different expert here. It looks like Shahid is away from his computer. Do you still need help troubleshooting the plasma?