TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No sound on LG Tv with Directv. I can get sound when I use…

Customer Question
No sound on LG...

No sound on LG Tv with Directv

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your LG TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes...I can get sound when I use WIFI for recorded videos on computer, and when using NFLEX...I get picture, on local stations and others...but no sound on them

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes...why can I get sound on NEFLEX and WIFI and not on stations I paid for

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Try those steps to solve the problem please! Thanks!