TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I actually have Pioneer Elite Plasma, I believe Panasonic…

Customer Question
I actually have Pioneer...

I actually have Pioneer Elite Plasma, I believe Panasonic acquired the “rights”, manufacture, distribution and sales of this TV. It was a fantastic plasma screen, but recently “gave up the ghost” due to an unhealthy IC power regulator chip. Pioneer coded this chip as IC 7591. I believe another stock #, associated with it, is AWW 1353. I have been searching eve

Technician's Assistant: What Pioneer model do you have? How old is it?

PRO-151 FD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Black screen...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Where might I be able to find this chip?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

AWW 1353 is the I/O audio/main board assembly pictured >>here<<. That isn't what you're looking for, is it? I can dig into my schematics for the IC you mentioned, but I want to make sure I'm looking for the right thing. Also, are you sure this IC is the problem?

Louie, Technician