TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am thinking about purchasing a Free TV apparitious and…

Customer Question
I am thinking about...

I am thinking about purchasing a Free TV apparitious and want to know if this is for real.

Technician's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

This is a new product supposedly invented by an employee of NASA. It is suppose to let a viewer watch 100's of channels free. These channels are suppose to be in the air and cable TV isn't necessary.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?

The ads for this product are all over TV. Just hook it up to your TV and in 10 seconds it is suppose to be fired up and ready to go. Also nothing is said about if a remote comes with the purchase.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan.

The device you're talking about is made by RGTech. It's called the Monarch (there's a 40 and a 50 version). These are cool, but are really nothing new. It's an over-the-air antenna, much like the ones you've probably used previously. Just an antenna.

The design is a little different, and geared to utilize modern technology a little better, but it basically does the same thing as any other antenna... it receives signals over-the-air and translates them for you to view on TV. There are a couple good write-ups for it, including >>this one<<. Overall, it's a decent antenna. Nothing to write home about, in my opinion. There are better options like >>this one<<.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Did you decide to go with the Monarch?