TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I connect a VCR? 6300 series, 55 inch Led tv. Sony a…

Customer Question
How do I connect...

How do I connect a VCR? 6300 series, 55 inch Led tv

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Sony a few years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony media player?

Plugged it in. Hooked the color coded connections to the tv

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off the back of the Samsung? n

What is the full brand and model of the VCR?

Please elaborate with detail so we can solve this.

Samsung un55j6300af
Sony cd/dvd Dvorak-ns501p

Thank you. The correct way to connect it is to use Red, Blue, Green, Red and White COMPONENT cables, plugged into the same colored jacks on the TV. Then use the Samsung remote's SOURCE button to select "COMPONENT". Have you done that yet?

Are you still with me here?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

I hooked the colored cables as u said but it’s still not working

AND YOU ALSO changed the SOURCE on the Samsung to COMPONENT?

That's the most important part~! If you did that than what exactly do you see on your screen?

How do I change the source I don’t have the Samsung remote. I use the cable tv remote

Oh okay! Well that changes things, because in my instructions I specified you need to use the Samsung remote. So, you're either going to need to purchase the Samsung remote, or find the original one. Do you want me to pull up a link where you can buy it?

No

No what please? Are you referring to the phone call offer? Or you don't want a link to the remote? Please elaborate.

Are you able to locate the original Samsung remote please?

Can’t find the Samsung remote. No I don’t want to buy a new one

Okay, unfortunately you will not be able to use the Blu Ray player then.

Ok, ty
Trying to do it
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know