TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 50" Mitsubishi TV which I have owned for 7 years.

Customer Question
I have a 50"...

I have a 50" Mitsubishi TV which I have owned for 7 years. Today hwne I turn the TV on, the blue indicator light under the Mitsubishi name comes on; but the power light just blinks green and there is no picture or sound that comes on. I have adjusted all of the cable cords and all are in place and the power to them is working properly. Is my TV dead?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Mitsubishi TV?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I don't think so. We did have a fuse blow and I'm not sure it would have affected the TV. It wasn't on at the time & the area affected was on the second floor of our home. This tv is in our living room on the main floor.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I'm just wondering if my TV is dead and I need to replace it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please tell me the model number of the tv?

Are the lights solid, or flashing in some pattern?

The power light is blinking. The blue light under the insignia is solid. Candidly not sure f the model number.

The model number should be printed on a sticker on the back of the tv. It usually starts with a W

The model is LT55265

Thank you for the info,

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,