TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought a D32f-F1 tv and the image looks blurry. Could…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a D32f-F1 tv and the image looks blurry. Could it be the HDMI cable which is standard (cheap) instead of High speed cable (1080p, 4K) ?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your D32F-F1?

2 days

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works fine and the image is clear. It is blurry through HDMI input from BELL PVR (Canada) and also from Netflix..

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your D32F-F1? What happened right before this?

Since the beginning, I just installed it this morning

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly- the image is also blurry from Netflix (which is internal to the TV and not sent to the set by HDMI)?

That is correct

Okay, then there's no way it could be your HDMI cable. Netflix is processed INTERNALLY. So if Netflix as well as the HDMI connected PVR both appear blurry- this indicates a faulty processor on the Mainboard of the TV and the set should be exchanged. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one.

You can try a hard reset of the TV if you'd like however (but this generally doesn't fix the issue reliably).

Disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (on the lower left hand rear corner of the set), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and displays normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?