TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I sat on my remote the other day and now my system or power…

Customer Question
I sat on my...

I sat on my remote the other day and now my system or power buttons don't work. I have unplugged it for a minute and still nothing happened. I'm sure several on the remote were punched when I sat on it>

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Sony Bravia, Model KDL-48W650D

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Abiut a month

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works. the bluelight comes on with Power of system button, but nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

About 5 days. All worked well until I sat on the remote

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I am an 85 year old woman who knows nothing about technical stuff

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your remote control question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I suggest removing the battery or batteries from the remote control, with the TV or other device it controls, turned Off. Keep it that way, without power and with no batteries in the remote, for at least 15 minutes.

Then try the remote again, with new batteries in it. See whether that works now.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)