TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am having problems streaming from TIVO and Roku devices. I…

Customer Question
I am having problems...

I am having problems streaming from TIVO and Roku devices. I cannot hear the programs. Both thes devices have been installed for more than three months , I could hear them very well when devices were installed. So, I am thinking there has been a change in the TV settings. I have powered down and back up. No Roku volume (except with the headset on the remote), Tested Amazon on the could hear some apps but not all.I have a Sony Bravia

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes the display is great for both devices. Just the volume..

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Connected to TV via HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

It is KDL-52W3000

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV, Roku and Tivo power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have done this per TIVO support a few days ago , but can try again

Sure, make sure to cut the power of all those things

Okay will contact you back in about 10 minutes

No problem, take your time

Okay Shahid, , power is back on
power back on
Hello, The poewr has been reactivated, and havt tried several things as changing the settings, disconnect the sound bar..what next?

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer

Please go to Sound menu of the TV and check Speaker option that should be set on TV Speakers

Shadid,I did as instructed , I can hear most of the apps on the TIVO, but Roku I still cannot hear. Wonder if I need to try an set the Roku to the same sound settings as the TV

OK, so now the Roku sound isn't available, correct?

Is it a Roku box or a stick?

Also, how old it your Roku device?

The Roku is the box, Premier1 , it was purchased last July

OK, please go to Homepage of Roku then Settings and find Reset option to restore Roku to default settings that should work to resolve sound problem

Will I go to Factory Reset?

Yes please, this should work to get the sound of Roku streamings, in case if the problem still persists then we have defective Roku device in hands and a new Roku device would be next option to resolve the problem as TV is just fine.

Shahid,
Is there a factory reset for the Bravia? I switched the Roku to another set and it works fine, I have a Roku which uses wifi which I placed on the Bravia set, and "no volume on the Roku.

Yes, please follow the following procedure to reset the TV

1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied/ Sony remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.

Okay Shahid, will try this tomm . no time now. Have to leave Thanks

No problem, please take your time

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician