TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The sound on the tv will get loud and then shut off, it does…

Customer Question
The sound on the...

The sound on the tv will get loud and then shut off, it does come back on is their something I can check

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes I have unpluged for 5 minutes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just this thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV and how old is it?

E470VA I think it is 4 years old

Thank you. While this can be caused by the TV itself, it can also be an issue with the source. So, what's connected to this TV (cable box, DVD, etc.)? And do ALL sources have the same issue?

cable and dvd

Okay let me ask again- does the issue ALSO occur when watching a DVD, or ONLY cable?

no

Are you replying to the website's phone call offer? Or are you replying to my info request?

I need to know if the sound issue only occurs with the cable box, or if you have also tried the DVD. Elaborate in detail please so we can continue.

the first person said it was $5 and it was refiundable so just refund the $5

I don't handle any of that. I'm a user of the site like you. You can handle your own refund using the site help pages. I am not a billing agent.

thanks we are done