TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Pillips model 52pfl7422d/37 has a relay that won't allow tv…

Customer Question
Pillips model 52pfl7422d/37...

Pillips model 52pfl7422d/37 has a relay that won't allow tv to shut off just cllicks and clicks and both red and green lights flash. it also sometimes comes on by it self. can you help

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 52PFL7422D?

07

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the unt will not go past the cliking noise no video or audio

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No it dowes work fine after revoing power cord several times

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

This indicates a hardware failure in the TV (not something that can be fixed via any settings or adjustments). Please give me a minute to type this up.

While you can try leaving the set unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes that the processor resets, this is generally only temporary IF IT WORKS. Unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard is failing and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $55 (please check the part number on the board in your set if looking to DIY the repair):

https://www.ebay.com/i/262893625770?chn=ps

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $250-$275 parts and labor, which may or may not be cost effective as a brand new 42" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

no understand about motherboard

Okay.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.