TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have model # un40j5200afxza ver. #da04 built sept. 2016…

Customer Question
I have model #...

I have model # un40j5200afxza ver. #da04 built sept. 2016 s/n 04mm3ceh9a0833n and I tried to down load the Spectrum tv app. but I was not able to

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Down loading spectrum tv app

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Hooked up tv to Wi-Fi found the web got to spectrum and no down loading of app , just u-tube videos

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Is my tv capable of downloading app

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The short answer is that you cannot do this.

The tv does not support this app and though it is a smart tv it is quite limited in available apps, based on those that were included when it was built. There is not a full app store.

To get that app, your best option would be to purchase an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv or appletv

and get all the same functions and many more (hundreds more apps/channels).

Best regards,