TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung TV that is several years old; MODEL

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung TV that is several years old; MODEL LN4DB55OKIF. it is connected to a COMCAST cable box. When I turn the set on it works fine for about 10 minutes and then both the video and the sound cease operating. The only thing showing on the screen is the following; “HDMI/DV1 NO TIME INFORMATION.”

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LN4DB55OKIF?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

This condition has existed for the last several months.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Have you considered changing out the HDMI cable and/or box yet?

No

Okay, well the first thing to try is a new HDMI cable as they are digital and can glitch/fail without warning oftentimes causing this issue. If the symptoms persist then you would want to contact your cable provider and have them swap the cable box. Those are the first steps that need to be tried with these symptoms and they are the most common fixes.

If however the symptoms go beyond this, then unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard is failing and needs to be replaced.

At a shop this is $200-$250 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 42" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician