TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 75 inch vzio tv and i decided to cancel my cable…

Customer Question
I have a 75...

I have a 75 inch vzio tv and i decided to cancel my cable service, i have bought an indoor antenna and i could not connect the pin from antenna to the tv, what do i need so that i can watch regular channel on my tv without paying outrageous bill.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Recently when i change from cable to wireless.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes i did my wireless service is both telephone and for desktop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to know if there is another equipment i need to connect the indoor antenna to my tv, i bought a tuner or box but didn't work so i returned it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 3 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have read your question, watching TV over the air with an antenna has nothing to do with internet service, you simply need to connect the wire from the antenna that you bought to the RF antenna connector on the rear of the TV Looks like this.

Then you will have to open the menu on your TV with the remote and find the auto program setting and select it, it run a program that will load the over the air channels for should take a couple of minutes. make sure you select ant/air not cable.

On your TV the connector may be labeled DTV or digital TV

Steven, Technician