TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have just reconnected our Samsung ht-h6550wm surround…

Customer Question
We have just reconnected...

We have just reconnected our Samsung ht-h6550wm surround system to ur TCL digital tv using himi cable and red and white audio cables but now we can’t receive something surround sound when the tv is being played. This was possible before

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your HT-H6550WM connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

We are using a hdmi cable input from Samsung home theatre unit to tv hdmi input socket and RCA red and white cable input to Samar

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That it was working this morning before we unplugged everything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

can you tell me the model number of the tv?

TCL digital tv model number L50B2800F
Won’t let me type my mobile number am based in Australia
Are you still there ?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

The tv itself is the problem here,

these low quality "off brand" tcl tvs are not compatible with the hdmi connection to send audio back to the theater system, and the red/white ports won't work either, those are inputs, not outputs. What you'd need to do instead is use the digital audio cable from the tv to the sound system, from the tvs digital audio out port.
Let me know if that works for you please.

I have the cable going from the tv audio/video (combined) output cable going into the single red and white audio input sockets on the theatre unit. There is also a hdmi cable there output from theatre unit to the tv hdmi input socket. It was working this morning before I unplugged the system. Is there something I need to changed through either the theatre menu or tv menu

I believe you are missing a cord here, the tv will not work with the red/white or hdmi cables alone to get tv sound through the theater. You must add in the digital audio cable between them.

If the other cords are to remain where do I plug in the digital cord into on both units

There is only one digital connection, on the back of the tv labeled digital audio out, and the one on the soundbar should match.