TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen has a dark tint all around the screen. HDMI. I…

Customer Question
The screen has a...

The screen has a dark tint all around the screen

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I just purchased this tv yesterday from a friend

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv is very dark and the remote will not work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Bn64-02175a-00

Samsung TV model number would start like UN55xxxxxx etc, please recheck

It’s hanging on a wall I would have to remove it

No problem, please take your time

UN65FH6001Fxza

Thanks, ***** ***** provide me a picture of the screen to see the dark tint/ area that will help to diagnose the issue bit quickly?

Thanks, ***** ***** either dust particles inside the screen or the backlight LEDs are failing in darker area, sorry for this news

It needs to take apart the screen very carefully for inspection of dust there and backlight LEDs, if LEDs found bad then need to replace LED strips that would be available with the following supplier...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un65fh6001fxza

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask