TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

If the remote does not work, does it usually need a new

Customer Question
If the remote does...

If the remote does not work, does it usually need a new battery?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A several year old Apple TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I have a signal on my TV which indicates the connection to the black Apple TV box is okay, but the remote seems dead. Does it have a battery? If so, how do I open the remote?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
I seldom use my AppleTV so I am not certain how the remote is powered. Does it have
a battery? If so, how do I change it?
1/4/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

My Apple TV does not respond to the Apple TV supplied small hand held remote. The Apple TV is connected to the
TV and that connection is good, but I have no control from the small remote. Does the remote have a replaceable
battery? If so, how do I open the remote to replace it?

Yes, they do have batteries in it.

Take a look here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201531

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service