TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a pixel problem, bars across the screen. No we

Customer Question
We have a pixel...

We have a pixel problem, bars across the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No we called Comcast and they checked all the wires

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that we did all we could to figure out what is wrong and now we want to know how we can repair the tv

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please tell me the model number of the tv?
Does this happen only with the comcast channels, or also with dvds, apps, etc?
Are the tvs own menu screens affected also?

Model sony kdl52xbr9
We dont play dvds or apps on the tv
It occurs during the first 30 minutes. Seems it needs to warm up

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Did you try calling(###) ###-####I updated the info

No I have not. Its not a matter of calling but rather it looks like the payment was not processed for the call.

Try clicking the call request button on your end again and I'll try once more to accept it.

I re entered the info. Can you try now

Sorry it still is not processing, you will most likely need to contact your bank/card to tell them to allow the charge.

In the meantime we can continue here if you'd like. I realize you may not often play dvds or apps on the tv, but I need you to specifically test something else here other than the cable channels. That is a necessary next step in the diagnostic process.