TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv comes on but before the picyure comes on the tv gos…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my tv...

Second opinion] my tv comes on but before the picyure comes on the tv gos off

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hatichi about 15 yrs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

About 6 mo. if you keep turning on it will sgtay on after 25 times

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your [Second opinion] question regarding your "...hatichi about 15 yrs..."

6mo

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Hitachi TV.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

42hdt52A

Appreciate the additional information; a Hitachi 42HDT52.

Do any of the LED indicator lights blink or goes off when "...before the picyure comes on the tv gos off..."

And as this would almost always be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?