TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung tv (2010) Model code:LN19C350D1DXZA. CAN…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung tv (2010) Model code:LN19C350D1DXZA. CAN THIS CONNECT TO OUTSIDE SPEAKERS? thank you

Technician's Assistant: How old is your CODE:LN19C350D1DXZA?

Can I connect my samsung tv to outside speakers. Made in 2010. Model code: LN19C350D1DXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your CODE:LN19C350D1DXZA? What happened right before this?

Always, I could never connect to outside speakers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

This it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Not sure what you mean by outside speakers, but if you mean connected to a receiver- then Yes the TV can, but the receiver needs an optical Input as the TV's audio out is "digital/optical". I'm not sure if you meant connected directly to speakers, or if you have some sort of amp/receiver. Let me know and we can continue.

Do you need further help? I need to know if the speakers outside are connected to some sort of amp or receiver. Let me know.

connect to an amp and than to spekers

Okay, I don't know what amp- but if it's a surround sound receiver- chances are it does have an optical Input. If it only has RCA red and white Inputs- then you need a converter. The converter connect to the optical port on the TV and then you can connect the amp using RCA red and white. It can be purchased at Best Buy at the link below:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-optical-coaxial-digital-to-analog-converter-black/4226000.p?skuId=4226000&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=2506&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=711e3d4c-e2ed-4d8f-a838-f8a895f326d7&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg252604&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=CjwKCAiAm7LSBRBBEiwAvL1-Lz6SBHBgKJK_svwq7KfKVi2bJol9G7q9X9JVgxEfn92ZFmtw6oJkGBoCXD0QAvD_BwE

You'll also need an optical cable which they carry for just under $10. The jack on the TV is labeled "digital audio out". The red and white on the TV are audio INPUT (not output).

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician