TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung remote control is not working. I changed the

Customer Question
My Samsung remote control...

My Samsung remote control is not working. I changed the batteries, but still not working. My Direct TV remote is working, so can watch TV, but unable to use my Smart Hub. Don't know what to do.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

See above.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None . It is like the remote is dead. Do you want to wait while I find the model #? It is a series 6, 6100

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

My model# : Z4ZY3CZD104672A

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
Z4ZY3CZD104672A isn't a valid model number

I wrote down the model code-didn't see just a model#. Will look again.Is it "UN60ES6100F
Do not want to pay for a call. Please undo my clicking on it.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

So far you haven't clicked on that offer

Ok. Did you get the model #?

Yes, I got it, thanks

Can you switch On-Off TV power with the cable remote?

No

OK, so do you use the power button on the TV to switch it On manually?

Also, we need to verify the TV remote as first thing, please watch the following video clip to know how to test the remote with help of a camera and reply back with the result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx4zBKTSiM

Correction - with the cable remote I can turn TV on/off. Not with Samsung remote.

OK, so the TV itself seems fine and its remote sensor is working and it would be the Samsung remote problem that isn't sending out infrared signals to the TV. It needs to get new Samsung remote to resolve the problem.

Please click the following links to view the remote prices to order it online...

https://encompass.com/item/10157228/Samsung/BN59-01179B/Remote_Control

https://www.samsungparts.com/AA59-00652A-REMOTE-CONTROL.html

Both remotes will work with your TV. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician