TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The lg tv does not respond to the remote. I will have to…

Customer Question
The lg tv does...

The lg tv does not respond to the remote

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

I will have to find owners manual

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None the tv does not resond to the remote. It will not turn on or off or exit from newtwork set up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No i can not find my documentation

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/3/2018
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

It looks like you weren't able to provide the model number. If you are able to access it, it is on the backside of the TV on a sticker. This would make the steps I provide specific for your model. But in the meantime.

The two things I would like you to try and report back to me are:

1. Check the batteries in the remote. Or replace them to test to see if it is the battery.

2. Unplug the power from the wall for the TV for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

One of these 2 should resolve your issue. Let me know if it doesn't.

-----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. It also keeps me locked to your question if you want to follow up with me again. Have a great rest of your day!

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service