TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Just got my lg oled55c7p. how to i connect my older sereo…

Customer Question
Just got my lg...

Just got my lg oled55c7p. how to i connect my older sereo receiver to the tv to have the sound come through my speake system?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Pioneer

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pioneer system and your OLED55C7P?

The input to my receiver is through rca plugs, so where do i connect them on the tv?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 month ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...older sereo receiver to the tv ..."

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Pioneer.

Additionally, please check if your TV version has a pair of red & white RCA jacks labeled as ANALOG AUDIO OUT and/or a 3.5mm headphone jack.

And, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device? ...Internet connection?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is a directv connection and the 2017 lg55oledc7p only has a three way splitter to plug one connection via rca cables.

I understand.

I checked the available ports and jacks of most versions of this model and it would appear that it has no available RCA jacks for Analog AUDIO OUT nor a headphone jack.

As a workaround but depending on the model of the DirecTV receiver, it may have a pair of red & white RCA jacks for analog AUDIO OUT that the Pioneer can use.

Has this been checked?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it sound like I cannot easily make the connection like on my old tv

Most digital models are moving away from analog connections.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround except if the DirecTV receiver has RCA jacks for analog AUDIO OUT; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay, thanks

I understand this is not what you are hoping to hear, and I'm sorry but I don't have better news.

...still, Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the information.

Louie, Technician