TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have no sound. We have not touched them, but are tighting…

Customer Question
We have no sound. ...

We have no sound.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

We have not touched them, but are tighting them now

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

We have red, white and yellow

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, it was fine when we turned it off last night

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What TV do you have here?

What's connected to it (cable box, etc.)?

If you needed help with the question you posted, simply send a reply back.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?