TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an older model and I am not sure if I have the right…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older model and I am not sure if I have the right model number. The number appears to be bp68 00481A-00. The problem is that it starts to spin up but never comes on. It will just not start. At times we have been able to get it to come on but when we have turned it off it has gotten harder to get it to come on until now where it won’t come on anymore. I have seen a commentary that it is likely the lamp but I don’t know if I have the right model number to order a new lam or if it is worth it.

Technician's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

The 50 inch tv

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No just a multi plug in and ordinary wall socket

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No but I have unplug for a short period.i will do that now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

At least help to identify if I have the correct model number

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you recheck the model number, it is printed on a sticker on the back of the tv. What you sent is a samsung part number, but not the actual tv itself.

If it is a projection (lamp based) model it usually starts with HL

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found the model number it is HLR5067WX/XAA and the serial number is ***** The power reset did not change how the TV responded it still started to power up but the lamp shut off almost immediately.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
for now I would just like to continue chatting online because there is nothing at this time of night I can do if I have to replace any parts which is what I expect to have to do.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Is the sound continuing?
Can you tell me specifically what lights/indicators you see on the front of the tv and what they are doing (color, solid/flashing/pattern,e tc)?

Louie, Technician