TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It' a tv 55vx700u. I'm getting a no signal message. Don't…

Customer Question
It' a tv 55vx700u...

It' a tv 55vx700u. I'm getting a no signal message. Don't know what that means.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 55V?

Several years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. The only problem is with Rest TV or wizard items which should go to the network

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55V? What happened right before this?

S/b reset tv

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only thing turned on is the tv. I want to reset it to original settings and I get this message, no signal.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thanks.
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 month ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "... Toshiba 55VX700..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried the reset tv option under setup and received the "no signal message". There appears to be another reset option which is to hold the power button for 5 or more seconds. I will try this option in the next few minutes.

Then after a RESET, the TV has to be initially setup and made to scan for OTA (over-the-air) broadcast channels (if connected to an antenna).

Please click HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did a reset and get the same message "No signal". What should the input be when using an option such as system upgrade or widgets, etc? I am connected wireless to the internet but there isn't an input option when connected wireless or wired.

To avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address setting up the TV to your WiFi network?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1) Moved the TV 2) connected all devices except old vcr which connects via cable 3) devices are: HDMI 1=Comcast, HDMI 2=Roku, HDMI 3=dvd player, and wireless 5hz (no other connections). So far i've tried 1) System upgrade got "no signal" message. 2) Tried Net TV & Widgets and get "no signal" message 3) Tried to reset TV option and got "no signal" message. 4) Did a manual reset holding the power button but does not go to the original Initial Setup Menu but it does reset wireless connection. Tried menu reset tv option, software upgrade and widgets all of which gives "no signal" message. 5) Disconnected all HDMI devices and did a manual reset and again tried the menu reset tv option, software upgrade and widgets all to get "no signal" message. 6) Tried different input's without any devices attached and still get "no signal" message. 7) I do not see in the user manual any reference to "no signal" which is why I am stumped.

IF the RESET was not corrective and symptom "...no signal..." persists, THEN it would appear to be an internal hardware issue. This issue can be as simple as a loose connection and/or a cold solder triggered by the "...Moved the TV..." considering the age of the Toshiba.

Or it may be a failed main/signal board.

Either way, the Toshiba 55VX700U would have to be opened up even if just for a look-n-see.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to fix if possible. I solder an a little knowledgeable with a multimeter. I'll text you in the AM for instructions.

Great on the DIY!
Please post back with clear pictures of the inside circuit boards particularly the main/signal board and power supply board. Click HERE.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Louie, Technician