TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

After set up how do I do a channel search again? New 24'

Customer Question
After set up how...

After set up how do I do a channel search again?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

New 24 ' vizio

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes'

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Nothing.I had a problem with my cable box and I didnt down load all the channel available

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Is the cable box connected to HDMI input of the TV?

OK, then doing channel search on the TV won't do anything better to get more channels because all the channel signal process is being done within the cable box.

Have you tried to reboot the cable box? disconnect cable box power cord for 5 minutes, reconnect it back in and let cable box reboot and reply back with the result

Thanks