TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Aric, you responded to this question awhile back. I have the…

Customer Question
Aric, you responded to this...
Aric, you responded to this question awhile back https://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/7rd7w-pn51d550c1f-power-won-t-on-power-light.html . I have the exact same tv with the exact same issue. I got to your suggestion to disconnect each sustain board and power the tv up. And it appears each sustain board, when unplugged does allow the stand by light to flash 3 times. However, I am unable to do the next step to determine the issue. Thanka
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/3/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Please reply back when available to assist you in troubleshooting

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ready to go.when you are

OK, can you please check Va and Vs volts on connector CN804 of power board with a multimeter?

Expected volts are approx 200V DC and 60V DC

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I swapped out the old power board for a new one. I still have cycling so I am unable to gen an accurate reading at the vs and va touch points

OK, do you get any reading at all on Va and Vs points?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I disconnected the right side sustain board so I can a reading. The green led light on the main board remains lit now. The vs is 14 volts and the VA is17. Both are decreasing over a matter of 30 seconds or so

OK, please connect the left and right side sustain boards and again check Va and Vs volts, do you get any reading on same Va and Vs points?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is a small reading on each one, never making it to a full volt.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To also confirm there are no swollen capacitors on any boards.

OK, it seems the y-main sustain board (on the left side) isn't working and causing the problem.

Have you tried to swap it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not tried swapping it yet. No. Is there or are there a few quick tests I can do to confirm the y sustain board is in fact bad?

You can check output transistors (FETs) mounted on the heatsink on that board to see if anyone is short. This is the next test that can be tried

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Every one of the heat sink transistors gave me a reading. Swap the tips and they were all a 1. Depending on the transistor model, reading ranged around 450, 600, and 1400

This is odd reading and doesn't give any clue, either swap the y-main board or put it in a working TV to verify it will help to move forward

Thanks

Louie, Technician