TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Philips Model 50 PF7321D/37 has no signal. Once it is…

Customer Question
Hi Eric, My Philips...

Hi Eric, My Philips Model 50 PF7321D/37 has no signal. Once it is turned on, power light (green) will be on for a few second then LED turns into Red flashing light, four time blinking in a pattern. What could it be?

Technician's Assistant: What Philips model do you have? How old is it?

2006, Model50PF7321D/37

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't find the TV menu.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Philips? What happened right before this?

It is just happened. The TV was working fine before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We are using it as usual, don't think of any thing else could be shared.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2006 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This tv is well over double its service life at this point and plasma technology is long obsolete.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan, Installer