TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We are only getting one channel on our television. Samsung…

Customer Question
We are only getting...

We are only getting one channel on our television

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 2016 one is model #UN50J5200

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

There has been some digging in our area - a sprinkler system beingi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your #UN50J5200? What happened right before this?

This has been an issues for several days. there has been some digging in our area, an irrigation system being installed on our street. It is possible that this work has triggered the issue.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- How do you get the channels on this TV?

via the antenna for local channels OR cable service with a remote control?

cable service w/ remote
please call me @(###) ###-####

Thanks, ***** ***** the problem is within cable box that should be rebooted.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Please initiate Phone Call Premium Offer on your side that will enable me to make phone call

All right. I will disconnect TV and cable box power cords and see what happens.
And then get back to you. this will take some time, but I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No problem, please take your time and reply back with the result

Televisions still do not work.
Only CNN, no other channels.
The screen is either all jarbled or get a msg that says "Sorry, we are having trouble . . . "
I think I need a technician to come out to the house and see about this.

Sorry to hear that, it is definitely the cable box internal issue and it need to call your cable company to either reset the cable box or replace it to resolve the problem.

Thanks

how to call Comcast Xfinitity???
There is no telephone number on the bill.
This is particularly annoying, as I knew in the first place I needed to talk to them,
but they only offer the .com customer support and that is how I came to your site and have to pay a fee.

Let me repost this question for other experts to assist you further

Thanks

TV Technician: Gina King,
 replied 7 months ago
Gina King
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. Please read the following message very carefully. :)
It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Xfinity Customer service.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the phone number of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator

Xfinity from Comcast Richmond Virginia My account number is ***** 60(###) ###-####The name on the bill is Robert K*****************

TV Technician: Gina King,
 replied 7 months ago
Hello Mr. King:
I've found the XFinity phone number for you:
1(###) ###-####
Please give them a call directly regarding your equipment. I'll go ahead and close this question for you and return your funds back to the original source.
No need to reply to me, that will reopen this question. :)
Thanks,
Gina