TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I'm trying to connect my Sony MR XB950NT TO MY Samsung

Customer Question
I'm trying to connect...

I'm trying to connect my Sony MR XB950NT TO MY Samsung LN55C630 I'M TRYING TO ACCTIVATE THE AUDIO OUT button

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LN55C630?

At least 5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

How do I turn the TV menu on. I have a Harmon remote

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your LN55C630? What happened right before this?

I just received it as a gift and trying to connect them

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which audio out on the TV are you trying to use?

1) Optical

2) 1/8" mini jack labeled "Audio out"?

Hello are you there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1/8 mini jack

Okay, there are 3 on the back of the TV. Only one is labeled "Audio Out". It's directly above optical. Is that where you're plugged in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Text me

Huh? You must be referring to the website's phone call offer- I don't send that, I simply type on this page.

Great. Do you have the original Samsung remote and what have you done so far regarding TV settings?

You need to go to MENU, Sound, External speaker/TV speaker and select External Speaker with the Samsung remote. Have you done that yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I only have the Harmon, one of my dogs chewed up the original
?

Harmon? You have a Logitech Harmony you mean? Okay that won't work, so we can's do this. I will opt out now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I SOL? or should I go to Best Buy and buy one?
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
to activate out box on my tv

Unfortunately, you need the original TV remote to complete the steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have purchased a Samsung remote from best buy. What button do I push?

MENU, Sound, External speaker/TV speaker and select External Speaker

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still not hooked up . I need to activate the OUT button in the back of my TV the Bluetoof transmitter works on my tablet but not on the TV. Help

Are you sure that you are hooking it up correctly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never got tv to work

I am sorry to hear that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have received an original remote and will try again

Thank you

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
How do I activate the AUDIO out? I have an original remote
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 29 days ago

You need to go to MENU, Sound, External speaker/TV speaker and select External Speaker with the Samsung remote

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How do I activate the port that my blue tooth is pluged into. The blue tooth works on other devices,

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I go to menus, but where is sound?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I got to sound but no external speaker
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 27 days ago

At this point, I would recommend that you have a local tech come out to your house. We started our troubleshooting 21 days ago and the issue is still not resolved. If you were to have someone come out locally, they can fix it same day.

Harry, Customer Service