TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 20-inch RCA flat panel TV and I'm getting a blue…

Customer Question
I have a 20-inch...

I have a 20-inch RCA flat panel TV and I'm getting a blue screen no-signal message. I can get a panel when I hit input, but can't do anything with it.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your RCA TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes. A brief one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv?
What do you have connected to it? A cable or satellite box, antenna, etc?

Are you able to see the rcas own menu screens at all?

LED20H30RQ

Cable.A panel comes up when o hit input but I can't control it.

Is there a cable BOX? Or just basic cable (no box, coax cord direct from wall to tv)?

If there is a box, where, specifically, is the box connected on the back of the tv (which port, hdmi1, video, etc)?

No thanks. We can text.
There's a cable box. All the cables are secured.
There's a cable box. All the cables are secured.We did have a recent power outage.

I'm not asking for anything else. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Where, specifically, is the box connected on the back of the tv (which port, hdmi1, video, etc)?

In the cable port. It may say "anti cable" does that sound right?
On the cable box, does it matter which it turned to, channel 3 or 4?

So there is a coax cable (round screw on connector) from the cable box to the tv then (ANT port).

If so, please take the RCA tv remote, and type in 03.

If that doesn't bring anything up, try 04.

If that doesn't work, unplug power to the cable box for at least 5 minutes, then replug and test 03 and 04 again and let me know the results please.

Got nothing either way. Have unplugged the cable box and the tv.
OK, I've plugged everything back in and everything's still the same. Can't access 03 or 04.

And you are sure you're connected with the coax to the tv from the box? (ANT port)?

If you press the input button on the rca remote repeatedly, will it go to TV (ant/cbl) mode?

When I hit input, the panel keeps coming up but I Can't toggle down. But It's on tv

Okay if its already on tv, then that is fine and where it should be

So even after rebooting the box, still nothing on 3 or 4?
Do you happen to have any other tv there?

The other TV works fine. I disconnected the coax from the cable box and plugged it directly into the Tv and still nothing.

Can you try, temporarily, connecting this box to the other tv (or the other box to this tv) and see if it works that way?
This will help us to isolate if this is a problem with the tv or the box, so it can be properly addressed.

Ok
But if going directly to the Tv and bypassing the cable box doesn't do anything, doesn't that mean it's the tv?

No it does not, because that basic cable connection would not be expected to work in the first place. The tv doesn't have a compatible tuner to be used that way and it is unlikely your cable co offers a clear unencrypted broadcast either.

Connected to cable. No signal there's either. Bad cable box?

You mean you hooked the rca's cable box to a different tv and still have no signal?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.