TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

A couple days ago my husband try to set up our TV to our…

Customer Question
A couple days...

A couple days ago my husband try to set up our TV to our computer, and now unable to get regular tv. we can get reflex but when we try to switch back to tv, it say: Customize tv key, then choose which imp to go to when the TV button is pressed or {Watch TV} is selected from the menu. then when we push the input button is does nothing. We have internet connection on all the other TV's, so not sure what is going on. We can get reflex, but not regular tv.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It a sony smart tv and it's 2 yrs old. We bought it from best buy. The model # is XBR-49X830C

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can go to Sync Menu.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your XBR-49X830C? What happened right before this?

Not sure, my husband was trying to set our computer up to the TV to show something from the computer. He said after that he couldn't get it back to regular tv. This happened on the 31st.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, all my other tv's are working fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

can you help. I’ve tried everything!!

Keep pressing the INPUT button to cycle through the ports.

Allow around 5 seconds for each input

It will not change from the HDMI 2 port (for our CD player) to the TV port HDMI 1 with your recommendation.

Did you keep pressing the Input button to cycle through?

I cannot change in Input using the remote so I switched our TV cable to the HDMI 2 port and we have a picture.

There should be an INPUT button or SOURCE button on the remote.

Also, there should be an INPUT button on the TV that you can use.