TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just got a Samsun 49 inch Smart TV. I somehow turned on…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a Samsun 49 inch Smart TV. I somehow turned on the TV Speaker and can't figure out how to turn it off. Can you help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 7000. Just bought in December

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I only use the TV. it is not connected to anything else

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I was looking through the programs on HULU and NETFLIX and I noticed when I changed the volume suddenly the TV Speaker was on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the full model number of the tv?
Are you using a soundbar or other surround system?

Not using any other sound system. UN49MU7000

And the problem is that the tv speaker is on (not off)? So it is playing sound and you don't want it to?

I am not at home. I am at work. The TV Speaker is on and I can't find a way to turn it off

I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

The tv speaker is the actual physical speaker that emits sound. If you want to turn that off, there would be no sound coming from the tv at all.

Given your mention of changing the volume, that would indicate you may actually want sound, which is why I'm a bit confused about your request.

If you want to turn off the tvs internal speakers (no sound emitted from tv), then you would press the House button on the samsung remote,

then go to the Settings (gear icon) on the screen, and then from the settings menu go to the Audio (sound) section, and there you'll see an option for TV Speakers, which you can set to OFF (or external).

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.