TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV is 7 years old now and is showing…

Customer Question
My 65" Mitsubishi DLP...

My 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV is 7 years old now and is showing little white dots all over the screen. Can you tell me what this is and how can I fix it? Thank you very much.

Technician's Assistant: What Mitsubishi model do you have? How old is it?

7 years old, Model WD-65738, Serial #101479

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works and yes to all source/inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your WD-65738? What happened right before this?

About 4 months now and right before seeing the white dots, we replaced the lamp.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. TV was running just fine before changing the lamp.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

The white dot issue is failure of the DLP chip,it will need to be replaced,there are hundreds of micro-mirrors on the chip and they can get stuck,either a black spot if facing away from the lamp or a white spot if facing,if you are practical you may be able to do this work yourself, the DLP chip is about $200 available from www.shopjimmy.com however you should order by part-number found on the chip itself when you get it out

Here is a video to show you how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgiZdc4kZDw

Click the above link

If you need more help let me know

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?