TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Wind menu button is pushed on remote menu comes up for

Customer Question
Wind menu button is...

Wind menu button is pushed on remote menu comes up for second and then goes off on its own

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Vizio model e500i-a1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E500I-A1? What happened right before this?

Nothing that I know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to get to channel search for air TV again the menu comes up for second and then goes off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

I have rebooted several times before making this request doesn’t seem to change anything and I now understand that this problem has been going on for a long time like maybe a year or two trying to access the menu again it accessible than goes right off after about a second
Text is fine

I understand that is awkward ,I just gave this some thought ,its likely to be bad firmware does the set have the latest firmware?also do you have the set configured to receive automatic updates?

Not sure how to do that

OK just give me 5 mins please whilst I check this out

On Vizios the firmware is pushed to the TV when the set is OFF so in standby mode, the set is likely to have allits updates but seemingly there is no way to check this on this model

http://cdn.vizio.com/manuals/kb/e500ia1_2manual.pdf

So unless you have had the set completely unplugged I suspect firmware is OK, now doinganything will mean entering the menu which is your issue so the only route I can see here is replacing the main-board,let me know what you think

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony