TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an old Pioneer TV. I have just set it up with

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Pioneer TV. I have just set it up with multiple HDMI output. However the optic sound cable from my Bose system won't fit in to the TV box itself. It fits the sky box and works perfectly but without fitting it directly to the TV box I can't get sound for the other HDMI outputs.

Technician's Assistant: What Pioneer model do you have? How old is it?

PDP - R05XE. It is about 15 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It's the cable I can't test it as it doesn't fit. I think I may need a converter from the to box to attach to the Bose system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Pioneer? What happened right before this?

I did not use the box for the sound system as it plugged directly into the sky box

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

I have an old Pioneer TV. I have just set it up with multiple HDMI output

I do not understand this above?can you explain please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to put in multiple outputs from the TV. It works on the picture I can switch from antenna to sky tv and amazon fire. But I can get the sound to work. As it is an old tv it does not have speakers and the sound system is separate. The sound system optic cable won’t work with the TV box it is s Bose speaker. What do I need to do to get sound?

What exactly are the inputs for sound on the sound system?the system where it wont take an optic?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the TV box has an optic output, but none of the cables work with the Bose system. There is also a red and white cable for lleft and right speaker input.

Sorry I am totally confused by this could you take photos of everything and upload here ?you can use the add files button

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It only let's me add one picture. To explain. I have a Pioneer TV that works using a box there is no direct input from the TV screen. The plasma screen is fed via this box. I have a sky TV box that feeds into the Pioneer TV box and into the sound system. The sky box is connected directly to the sound system. I want to connect the Pioneer TV box to the sound system but it won't work. This means I can only use the sky box input but I want to add another HDMI input. I have done this via the TV box and can get a picture but the optic cable to the sound system does not work. Is there a special cable required or a cable connector?

but the optic cable to the sound system does not work. Is there a special cable required or a cable connector?

Take a photo of that problem, showing the sound system inputs

Louie, Technician