TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have sound but no picture. When I first turned it on, it…

Customer Question
I have sound but...

I have sound but no picture. When I first turned it on, it said "Please wait..." then the sound came on but no picture. Unfortunately, I switched it to ROKU to see if I got a picture that way - but I didn't and now I can't get back to the cable either... so now I have no sound and no picture.... which I think I would at least have sound if I hadn't switched it over to ROKU.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes, there was one. I had to unplug it to access the back of the tv - which is laying face down on an ottoman

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. but the tv was in a room that got really cold last night. Probably in the 50s but maybe down to the 40's possibly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it - the tv is unplugged and laying flat so I can access the back. I don't know if I have the correct sized screwdriver, though, so this repair might have to wait until tomorrow. also, I'm not a techie, but can follow instructions. :)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your TV. I apologize for the wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.