TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I spent 35 minutes with one of your representatives this…

Customer Question
I spent 35 minutes...

I spent 35 minutes with one of your representatives this afternoon trying to get the remote to turn on the TV. I have had to use the red button for about 3 weeks. After talking with her and doing stuff - she told me that this was a big problem and we more or less have to live with it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I have a Vizio and it is 4 years old. My husband is handicapped and cannot press the red button. So that means our TV has to be on about 14 hours a day if he is sleeping or if I have to go out. Is Direct TV going to pay my electric bill?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works = we only have 1 TV.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

3 weeks. Nothing happened before this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I need my remote to work!! We have been with Direct for many years and have not had this type of problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the tv?
Does the tv respond to its own onboard buttons?
To the vizio remote?