TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I was given a 2011 m series smart tv. It won't show my cable…

Customer Question
I was given a...

I was given a 2011 m series smart tv. It won't show my cable network wirelessly. There is no Ethernet port to wire it.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

I have Sling tv

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 7 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site. I need to know the full model number from the back of the TV.

M47OVT-CA
Where are you?
This is not a good service!

I was trying to find the service data on the model you posted, but there is a typo. Could the model be M470VT-CA? Note the difference between the "0" and the "O"...

I sure hope you don't charge me for telling me to unp.ug my tv!

Who told you to unplug the TV? I did not.

I'm only trying to determine the model number so I can get the appropriate service data.

The model is like I told you M470VT-CA. I want to know how to hook it up to my cable internet box with a wire since there is no Ethernet port on my TV
Why can't I get an answer?
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Can you tell me what you're wanting to do with the tv here ultimately? Are you wanting to use apps like netflix?

Or are you wanting to watch cable tv channels?