TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv wont turn on it stuck on standby. And it still hasnt…

Customer Question
My tv wont turn...

My tv wont turn on it stuck on standby

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes and it still hasnt coms on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

i bought the tv a few years ago
not sure of the size
the model number is *****
no

Is the power LED on the front of the tv on or off or blinking?

Did you try the button on the tv, not just remotes?

on the front and i tried turning it on from the tv
the light is on not blinking

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. Not uncommon for a tv of this age. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will cost way more than a new 32" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

ok thanks

You're welcome. Apologies again for the bad news.

Before you go please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.