TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I would like to add Hulu and or sling to my Philips TV.

I would like to...

I would like to add Hulu and or sling to my Philips TV

Technician's Assistant: What Philips model do you have? How old is it?

Model 40PFL4901-F7B

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu does work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 40PFL4901? What happened right before this?

I have not been able to download them at all other than the ones that come with the TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No it's ok

1/1/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, this simply is not an option.

While it is a smart tv, these philips sets are very basic and limited to only the built in apps that were included at the time of manufacture.
There is no app store and there is no ability to add new features. Philips has already discontinued support for this model as well so there will be no future updates and will not be any new features added.

The best way to get the content you want would be to supplement the tv with an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and long term support.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Okay thank you for your help

You are very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Would I be able to use my phone or computer for that service or do I have to get a Roku or fire stick

Not through the tv, no. You would need to get the roku or fire tv

Ok thanks for being helpful and honest unlike the company about the TV from have a great day

You're very welcome!

Nathan, Installer