TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have had a un40j3600afza led since new. want to attach a…

Customer Question
Have had a un40j3600afza...

Have had a un40j3600afza led since new. want to attach a amplifier / speakers. t v & amplifier have rca jacks. will this work ? ( does not yet) think i am missing with programming t v. i am closer to 74 years old - not bragging, more complaining. THANK YOU in advance for any help provided.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Technical Pro hybrid amplifier - not sure of speakers but they are good quality & work

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Hooked up to T V with R C A cables. Tried programming T V but am lost. Tried everything I know (not much) with amp - it does work with a Denon CD auto changer attached

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

That is pretty much it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You can do this, but not without a converter- as the TV uses a digital audio output jack for it's audio out, and this is designed for home theater systems with optical/digital jacks (for dolby digital decoding). So to connect it to a legacy stereo, you would need an optical to RCA converter. I am pulling up a link to that for you now.

Additionally, the optical cable needed is available at the following link:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-12-digital-optical-audio-cable-black/9484068.p?skuId=9484068

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician