TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't turn off the closed caption on my TV. Don't know how…

Customer Question
I can't turn off...

I can't turn off the closed caption on my TV. Don't know how it was turned on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I don't know the model of the Samsung TV. It's a brand new 40" TV.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Where can you find the Menu?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It's just been a day or two. Also, a horrible robotic type of voice even tells you the numbers of you volume. That needs to go away toio.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. As you can tell, I know very little. It's driving me crazy.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I'm sorry. I can't find the model of the TV. My cable box and DVD player are both connected to the TV.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

found some info in my email. 40" Class (39.9 diagonal LED - 2160pb- Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV. Does this help?

I'm afraid no, did you get my previous reply having a suggestion?